|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
|Serving Size||1 sandwich (see Recipe Notes)|
- 1 package pork tenderloin ideally already cooked (see Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon)
- 1 loaf artisan bread pre-sliced
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 jar dill pickles sliced lengthwise such as Stackers
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- Butter each slice of bread on one side only. Place buttered side down on frying pan or griddle. Thinly slice cooked pork tenderloin and cover one slice of bread. Layer pickles then one slice of swiss cheese and spread mustard (1-2 tsp) over cheese. Top with another slice of bread, buttered side out.
- Fry sandwich until one side is browned. Turn and remove when second side is brown and swiss cheese is melted.
This recipe uses an artisan loaf of bread that is large and round. One sandwich, therefore, would be almost two sandwiches if you used a store bought standard loaf of bread. A side dish of baked beans and coleslaw balances out the sandwiches perfectly and warms the soul at the same time. Enjoy!