Welcome to Cheftovers!
More than half the food produced in Canada is wasted and 21% of that avoidable waste comes from our kitchens. According to a 2019 Canada Food Waste Study, “that’s about $1700 per household in a country in which four million people struggle for regular meals.”
What can we do? We can change our attitude towards food and go back to valuing it the way our grandparents did.
Welcome to Cheftovers where water becomes wine. Well, maybe not wine, but where one meal becomes many exciting meals.
Cheftovers work on two principles:
- Extra ingredients from one meal, makes the next meal’s prep time quick and easy.
- Meal ideas using up extra ingredients, means less food waste for our country and more money in Canadians’ pockets.
Cheftovers work in pairs.
Here are 4 examples of Cheftovers:
- Leftover pork tenderloin becomes Cuban sandwiches.
- Gruyère or Swiss cheese for the Cuban sandwiches becomes a Zucchini and Leek Frittata.
- Zucchini for the frittata becomes Zucchini Basil soup.
- Leeks for the frittata becomes Seared Scallops & Potato Celery Root Purée.
Each pair of Cheftovers becomes another pair of Cheftovers to be eaten in consecutive days or broken up to span a week of delicious meals.
Become a member for the cost of a Caramel Macchiato a month, and enjoy endless Cheftovers and their recipes!