Last Friday, a section of California’s Hwy 1 road system collapsed into the ocean.
Though the area had been recently hit by heavy rains, the cause of the collapse was precipitated by years of run-off and underground erosion that had gone undetected.
Next steps for California’s Department of Transportation were…
- Prevent any more damage from happening to the road (and other motorists).
- Provide a detour route to help motorists get to their destination.
- Determine the cause of the collapse and repair the road so that it never happens again.
- Remove the detour when the road has been restored.
- Use tools (ex. road signs) as a reminder to avoid the system in bad weather situations.
What does this have to do with health and wellness?
When months or years of underlying damage to our vascular system goes undetected, we are left with a situation to deal with much like that of California’s Department of Transportation.
It could be as innocent as not fitting into your favourite pair of pants or as serious as the doctor diagnosing you with Diabetes… either way it’s an “I didn’t see that coming!” moment.
So, what are next steps?…
- Prevent any more damage from happening to the vascular system (and other systems).
- Provide a detour plan to help you get to your destination in becoming healthier.
- Determine the cause of the collapse of your system and begin the repair so that it never happens again.
- Remove the detour plan when the system has been restored.
- Use tools, (ex. Balance Factor) to avoid the collapse of the system in poor eating situations.
Use the Balance Factor App and let it effortlessly guide you through Steps 1-5. Repairing your system and getting back on track is far better than bypassing the steps all together, aka dieting, to only have it happen all over again.